Friday, February 3, 2012

Foodie Friday: (gelatin-free) Golden Graham Treats

When I worked at Aveda in 2009 one of my coworkers brought this vegetarian-friendly treat into work and I swear if no one was looking, I would have devoured it all. It goes without saying that I immediately asked her for the recipe. It's a bit sticky, but a good replacement for the regular ol' Rice Krispies treats ;)



What you will need:

1/4 cup butter
1 jar Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme
4-6 cups Golden Graham cereal
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)



Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, stir butter and marshmallow creme on medium heat until smooth.

2. Turn off heat and mix in cereal right away.

3. Pour into 8x8" pan/casserole dish and add chocolate chips.

4. If you're making them into individual bars, press in pan with buttered back of spoon. Cool completely and cut into bars.







(I chose not to add chocolate chips to this batch as I'm not a huge fan of chocolate and these were pretty much all for me)

3 comments:

  1. oh yummy!!!

    georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this twist on the average Rice Krispie treats. have you tried it with any other types of cereal ?
    .dena.
    Http:// panchoandleftey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete