Monday, January 9, 2012

A snowless Salt Lake Christmas

I've been a total slacker, but I'm finally getting around to an update of my trip home for Christmas, the first in four years!

My holidays were the most uneventful, so I was glad to be with family for a few days in December. I was terribly glum that it wasn't a winter wonderland, in fact Salt Lake has been MAJORLY lacking in snowfall this winter, but hopefully one day I will have my white Christmas...








One of the houses I grew up in. Sugarhouse Park, isn't that the most adorable?


Evergreen's resurrection... Golden Phoenix.


Totally in love with my Opa's new fridge!


Dinner and a movie with my two favorite ladies.




The Grinch: tomato, basil and balsamic vinaigrette in a sushi roll? Amazing.


My favorite cheesecake on Earth.






My contribution to the white elephant party.


Fire opal SOAP that I bought for my grandma, in love.








Making cookies for Santa Claus.




Christmas dinner with my mom: mahi mahi and wild rice.




Gift to myself since my fancy black polaroid was stolen.






This little mama was so happy to have me home.

14 comments:

  1. Even without snow, it looks like you had a wonderful holiday season with those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There she is.

    I want a grinch roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What street is that house on? I think we were neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, that house was on Chadwick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An odd place to put this, but.. I found these and thought of you.

    http://www.defensedevices.com/catkeychain.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here, there, anywhere. I need those in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is adorable. I love all these pics. And your cat has the same name as my husband... LOL.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time!!! Everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures. I can't wait till Android comes out with instagram. I have it on my itouch but I don't get to update every second of the day. Anyways, you have such a cute kitty. If you ever want to advertise your blog on mine, let me know. I have a Meowsday feature where bloggers get to feature their lovely cats and I am interested in featuring your cat<333

    Mary from Meowwzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so cute. that sushi-basically the bruschetta one- i need that in my life. i can't even imagine how delish that was. i'm on a hunt to find that ORRR try and make it. and by that, i mean probably a mess. a yummy mess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos I also love that massive fridge! :) xx alice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just might have the best eyebrows on the internet. Just FYI ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, somehow i missed this post?! 1. how was golden phoenix? danny is doubtful. 2. i have been to the belgian waffle SO many times, and seeing that photo of you and your opa there just flooded me with so many memories. 3. i LOVE the pic of you and your lil' brother. perfect.

    ReplyDelete