Thursday, August 12, 2010

Veg-N-Out

Let me start off by saying, I cannot stress enough how important it is to support your local stores and restaurants. I will, any day, choose a locally owned and operated grocery store or restaurant over a corporation or chain.

With that said, Veg-N-Out is a great place to go if you want a wide variety of healthy food options, nestled in a cute and friendly neighborhood, serving everything vegetarian friendly! Finding all vegetarian/vegan restaurants is a glorious site to see while living in this carnivorous, factory farmed-dominated world.

A little over a year ago I tried Veg-N-Out for the first time, I ordered a Jumbo Veggie Dog with a few toppings for $8. I was disappointed that it was so bland and nothing more special than what I could buy at the store and make myself at half the price. Since then, I was always disinterested in ever returning. Until the other day, sitting around with no cravings for any particular food and something either Jon or I haven't already had. Veg-N-Out came to mind and it was down the street, so we ventured out for what was luckily a better second experience.

Mostly known for their burgers, sandwiches and salads, I went with the Little Italy Burger (homemade patty with sundried tomatoes, basil and garlic, topped with sauteed tomatoes and onions, fresh mozzarella and mayonnaise) and Jon got the Chili Cheese Burger (patty smothered with homemade chili, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mayonnaise), both served with hand-cut potato wedges. Definitely not as bland as the first experience I had here. The burgers were gigantic, stuffed with toppings and really worth the price this time (all entrees are about $8).


Little Italy Burger


Chili Cheese Burger





Location: 3442 30th St. San Diego, California 92104
between South Park and North Park

No comments:

Post a Comment