Hey guys! I'm about to embark on a weeks trip to Salt Lake City and Vegas, so excited for all the wonderful food and upcoming posts! But for now, I leave you with this sought-after recipe for chick'n pot pies! These babies are enjoyable to make and very flavorful! Without further adieu, vegetarian chick'n pot pies for two!
You will need:
2 small pot pie pie tins
1 package veg chicken flavored gravy mix (we used a package from Henry's)
3 small potatoes
1 large carrot
1/4 cup corn
2 chick'n cutlets (we used Quorn)
2 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup shortening (we used Crisco - All Vegetable)
1/2 cup soy milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. Cut in shortening, a fork works best.
3. Add soy milk.
4. Knead dough.
5. Roll dough into a ball.
6. Cube chick'n and potatoes, slice carrots.
7. In a medium saucepan, bring vegetables to a boil.
8. In a small saucepan, bring gravy to a boil (see gravy instructions, as they may differ).
(Back to Pie Crust)
9. With a rolling pin (we used a cup!), roll out dough large enough to fit in base of pie tins.
10. Form the dough to fit the base and trim the excess dough.
11. Start with a little gravy in the bottom of the pies.
12. Add potatoes, carrots, corn and chicken.
13. Top with gravy.
14. Roll out remaining dough to fit the top of your pies. Once the dough is placed over the top, trim the excess dough and smooth the edges. Thumb the dough into the sides to seal pies. Either use thumbs to form dimples or use the fork method to seal pies.
15. Optional, use scraps of dough to make personalized pie toppers.
16. Be sure to poke a few holes in the top to allow ventilation.
17. Bake for 45-60 minutes.