Sunday, December 5, 2010
homemade hot cocoa
The holidays are a perfect time to get creative by making cute cards and
homemade things for family and friends. If you know me, you know I'm
a huge fan of snail mail pen pals and care packages, so when I have a
reason to send goodies and cards, I'm all about it.
This year I decided to make some homemade hot cocoa and tried out these
holiday photo cards on Walgreens.com!
click photos to make bigger!
For homemade chocolaty hot cocoa, you will need:
10 cups dry milk powder
4 3/4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
6"x4" treat bags or cute little jars
ribbon, yarn or something to tie treat bags
Makes 50 cups
1. In a large mixing bowl (I'm talking 6+ quarts, I actually had to use a big pot)
combine milk powder, confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer
2. Stir, stir, stir until thoroughly combined, no cocoa or milk powder lumps!
3. Scoop 5 tbsp. of cocoa mix into each bag or jar
4. Tie a little bow to make it nice and pretty
5. Attach a little note or card letting your friends know to add 1 cup boiling water
to cocoa mix. Stir to dissolve. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows!