I grew up in a family that used a healthy amount of garlic in almost every meal. Nothing has changed and now as an adult I incorporate garlic whenever possible. It's super healthy for you and incredibly tasty. There is so much you can do with garlic and in my opinion, there is never too much!
What you will need:
Full heads of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Cookie sheet or muffin pan (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Cut off 1/4 inch on top of the bulb, exposing the cloves.
3. Peel away the outermost layers of the garlic skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact.
4. Place individual sheets of tin foil on cookie sheet or in muffin/cupcake pan per head of garlic.
5. Place garlic heads upright and drizzle olive oil over the garlic, making sure they are well coated.
6. Wrap them closed using the excess aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Use a fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Voila! You can eat as is, spread on warm bread, mix into your favorite dish or mash with a fork and use for cooking. The possibilities are endless!
Look at that clove!
...and here's how I made the fun little owl shaped toast: