Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Farmers Market

I'm not a big grocery shopping fan and I'm that person who ALWAYS goes on an empty stomach which unfortunately ends with a cart full of junk that I don't actually need. Farmers Markets on the other hand, I LOVE. Fresh, organic, local... and living in San Diego is incredible because there are different (and usually more than one) Farmers Markets every day of the week in all the surrounding suburbs. Ocean Beach and Hillcrest are my favorites and highly recommended if you are ever in San Diego on a Wednesday or Sunday, but look how many options we have!




[hillcrest farmers market taken by matt_paul last weekend]


I go to each Farmers Market with an open mind that whatever I leave with will be eaten within the next 24 hours, but sometimes I don't even make it home before devouring whatever fruits, veggies or pastries I buy.

How often do you visit your local Farmers Market(s)?

8 comments:

  1. i actually just got back from the farmer's market! the portland farmers market is two blocks from our apartment and i love just walking though and people watching, although today i did cave and buy a giant raspberry cream cinnamon roll... which i finished in one sitting... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a small city where the market is only open on Saturdays, but it's so worth the huge crowds for the amazing produce! Today I scored a pound of sugar snap peas for $2, such a deal, and they're the best snack while watching a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our markets are only on weekends. Sunday down the road is a great cheap fresh market. We stock up for the week and usually there are people selling vintage and handmade goods too. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's one farmer's market around where I live, and it's about an hour away, which sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, not nearly enough. we have an awesome one in raleigh that is in a permanent location and is open year round... and we don't go as often as we should. this summer has been brutal, so we've been hiding inside a lot. your post has reminded me that we need to venture out to ours. thanks!

    p.s. weird spam comment up there?! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We go to the Hillcrest one most Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live where we don't have a farmer's market, and if we do, I haven't heard about it. However, La Mesa is my future home (in February) and I will DEFINITELY be hitting theirs up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wish we could have year-round farmer's markets in minneapolis! what fun!

    ReplyDelete