Thursday, August 18, 2011

stunning dinner, for one

The other night I made a fancy pants dinner all for myself. Once in a blue moon I'll have a craving for salmon and wherever I get it from is usually a let down. I'm not exactly sure where in my lifetime I had some amazing salmon, but nothing compares. After watching a newer episode of Master Chef, I had an immense craving for pan seared salmon. Not to pat myself on the back, but this was the best salmon I've eaten to date.



What you will need:

Salmon fillets
Crushed garlic
Fresh basil
Lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
Butter
Olive Oil
Artichoke





Directions:

1. Coat skillet with oil and preheat over medium heat for 3 minutes.

2. Place salmon (face down, if the skin is still attached) in skillet and increase heat to high. Cook for about 3 minutes, you should see the sides of the salmon gradually turning a lighter pink.



3. Turn salmon over, spread some garlic and chopped basil over the top. Season with salt and pepper and squirt a bit of lemon juice on top. Cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.

4. Transfer salmon to plate and add a scoop of butter to the top.



As for the artichoke, I boiled this one for 1hr 15min (I started the salmon almost an hour into cooking). For dipping sauce, I melted butter with crushed garlic in the microwave for about 20 seconds.

3 comments:

  1. i crave fish & chips quite often and i think i've maybe liked them twice in my entire life! your random fish craving WAY healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That *is* a fancy pants dinner! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big salmon fan but this sounds good! Might try it w/some tilipia or something. :)

    ReplyDelete