Friday, March 11, 2011

Foodie Friday: Urban Solace

Numerous people have suggested I try Urban Solace, a new American comfort food restaurant located in North Park. After drooling over their online menu, I was ecstatic about trying a cheese plate and their famous cheese biscuits with orange-honey butter. It's only one mile from my house so when I pass it, I crave it. After months of waiting, Jon and I finally went out for dinner last night.



This place is so cute, it has a very New Orleans feel and the patio is a great place to have dinner. We couldn't help ourselves, so we ordered almost everything on the menu that was vegetarian. Sorry in advance for the dark photos.


First and foremost, cheese!



After serious contemplation, we chose the Benedictine from La Velle, Wisconsin, the Rogue Raw Cheddar from Central Point, Oregon and the Seahive from Uintah, Utah. Oddly enough, the Seahive was byfar my favorite (represent!).



Next was southern fried pickles. House made (yep, HOUSE MADE) deep fried Pickles with a buttermilk blue cheese dressing.



Onto the famous warm cheese biscuits with orange-honey butter. These were like nothing else I have ever tried. The saltiness of the biscuit mixed with the orange honey in a creamy butter, they were really out of this world.



Another favorite, New York white cheddar mac n cheese. Came in the cutest little jar and garnished so pretty with breadcrumbs and tomato. It was also stuffed with grilled red onions and charred tomatoes, yum!



Last but not least, the entree, quinoa veggie burger made up of nuts, beans and veggies topped with aged white cheddar, tomato and house sauce on an egg bun.



You can definitely add Urban Solace to my new favorites. I would suggest this place for a nice date or fancy birthday party.

Location: 3823 30th Street San Diego, California 92104
North Park

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the biscuits and fried pickles sound so good. I'm a total sucker for a good veggie burger too. I' have only been to San Diego to go to the Zoo but maybe next time I visit my family in LA, I'll make a small road trip to enjoy the grub in SD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do, let me know! I will happily show you the ropes ;)

    ps: I also have an annual zoo pass and Urban Solace is less than a mile from the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! This is good to know. If I head out that way, I'll let you know! I miss LA :( but I don't think I'll be able to get out there till June when the semester is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummm oh my god everything looks so freaking good. and i love love love fried pickles! ... i'm so hungry... ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh. I love your blog!!! :DDD

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything on this post looks amazing!! i want to try all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete