Sunday, March 27, 2011

lightlife #1

First and foremost, I'm so sad that I missed the Arizona Blogger meet up last night. I bet it was a blast and although I couldn't make it, I'm super excited to see everyone's photos and hear all about it!


Alright, so for the next five Sundays I will be reviewing five different products that lightlife has generously sent to me (I'm glad that they've read my blog and saw that I love their product).

#1: The new Smart Cutlets - Original



Lightly coat a small skillet with vegetable oil or butter and cook cutlets on medium heat for about 5 minutes, flipping once or twice.



While the cutlets were cooking, I heated up a can of my favorite rice and beans and poured them onto a plate with some salsa, then added the cutlets on top.



What I liked: I loved that these bad boys were pre-grilled, I could really taste it and since I don't have a BBQ, it gave it that added flavor.

What I disliked: I should have sauteed some vegetables to be paired with them. I kind of ran with the idea of having a more Mexican-themed dish, but as the front of the box proposes, I will be trying it with wild rice and veggies next time.

9 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I really enjoy your blog its very cute. What exactly is in the cutlets? They look really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light Life's Gimme Lean is a breakfast staple in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do the cutlets have soy in them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of the nutritional information and ingredients are listed here:

    http://www.lightlife.com/product_detail.jsp?p=cutlets_original

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use Gardein? I love their products since it's what they use at Veggie Grill / the veggie options at Yardhouse. I haven't always been that big a fan of Lightlife but this looks good, especially the rice/beans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, every gardein product that I've used at home has tasted awful, but I LOOOVE Yardhouse and Veggie Grill -- can't get enough of them! I don't know what I'm doing wrong at home haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used their pulled pork at home (i think it's the only i've used at home) and it was good especially if you add even more bbq of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds good, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything light life too! Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete