1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
Zest of 1 large lemon (optional)
12 ice cream cones
I used a tub of Pillsbury vanilla frosting, but I'm sure these would be even better with a homemade buttercream frosting.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut 12 six inch squares of aluminum foil and press them into 12 regular
or mini muffin tin cups.
3. Place cone in each cup, wrapping the foil around the cone to hold it in
place (jiggle slightly to make sure cones are secure).
4. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
6. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add to the butter and egg mixture, along with the milk, and beat until
7. Fill cones to top of the cone handle (I didn't fill them high enough, so don't be scared).
8. Put in oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes (make sure cupcakes are fully cooked by inserting toothpick, it should come out clean).
9. Let cool before you add the frosting and toppings.
10. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving!