Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Disney World (3/3): Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Thursday: Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Yay, we've finally made it to my personal favorite day of our vacation! Even though it was a monsoon and the worst weather of our entire trip, I had an absolute blast at Magic Kingdom.



First, we took a shuttle to Hollywood Studios in the POURING rain. My umbrella even broke the second we jumped off the bus, so I immediately bought us ponchos (goodbye $17 for a piece of plastic).



obligatory jumping photo #3



Since Hollywood Studios is mainly outdoor attractions and everything was closed, we only stayed for about 2 hours before heading back to the hotel to dry off and wait for the storms to clear before heading to Magic Kingdom...



Finally, the rain ceased!







Space Mountain and The Haunted Mansion were even better at Disney World. I loveeee Disneyland (I actually prefer it over Disney World), but these two rides blew it out of the water. So much fun!


Friday: Heading Home



While at the MCO airport, we randomly passed this awesome arcade! If you haven't seen The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, I highly recommend watching it; it's one of my favorite documentaries and available on Netflix!





Bye Florida! and Virgin America, whom I will never fly through again if I can help it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ainsley!! You won a print from me off of Say Yes to Hoboken! Congrats! Hope on over to my site and check out my pay what you want prints, pick from any on that page, and let me know which one you want!

    -caitlin
    hueandhum.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haunted Mantion is my absolute fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like, despite the rain, you still had a great time. I really like that picture at night with the castle in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlin, thanks!

    Prairie, have you ever been to Disneyland???

    Tina, the rain was a big debbie downer, but there was nothing that we could do but embrace it because by the third day, we knew it wasn't going away! ha!

    ReplyDelete