Friday, July 29, 2011

Foodie Friday: Smoothies

Summer calls for any and everything cold. Smoothies are good for breakfast in the summertime; cold, healthy, energizing and actually filling!



What you will need (for this particular smoothie):

Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Pineapple Chunks
1 Fresh Banana
Coconut Milk
Orange Juice



Directions:

1. Toss all the fruit in (approximately 8 oz. of the strawberries, 4 oz. of pineapple chunks and one whole banana).



2. Pour about 8 oz. of the coconut milk and 2 oz. orange juice.



3. Blend!





6 comments:

  1. that sounds like a gooood smoothie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This feels like a weird question to ask, but do you know how many watts your blender is? I really want to start making green smoothies, and was told I need a 900 watt blender. I have no clue where to start/look/get the money ... :)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you know, I'm not sure. Jon and I both own pretty expensive blenders (his is a black & decker, mine is a cuisinart). I think it would be awesome for you to start making green smoothies! A juicer, processor or blender would be good for you! If you'll use it often I think it's totally worth it to own a good/nice/pricey blender. I would check bed bath and beyond :)

    Good luck! and let me know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg yummmmm i love smoothies for breakfast during the summer. I've never had coconut milk in it before. Actually, you use coconut milk a lot, i'm so curious to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jihee, I know it seems like we use coconut milk a lot, but we really don't -- in fact I dislike coconut! ...unless it's a pina colada slurpee ;) BUT Jon has started putting them in our smoothies since it has a little vanilla flavoring in it and I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious! especially for the summer time :) definitely going to try it!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete