Monday, February 28, 2011
I met this lovely lady a few years ago in Denver and we've stayed great friends ever since. Kristy is one of my dear internet gal pals, and even though we aren't currently living in the same state, we're always on top of each others travels, moves and love lives. I've watched her grow as a tattoo artist and make some beautiful pieces of art. Kristy now tattoos at Bound By Design in Denver, Colorado. So without further adieu, meet Kristy!
Hiiii, My name is Kristy Nadine L and I am a professional tattooer of 2 years and a professional weirdo of 23 years. I love drawing and have been at it for the majority of my life. I love tattooing and wouldn't trade it for the world, though it took the world to get where I am at today and I can't express how grateful I am. A lot of the tattoos I do are heavily influenced by traditional tattooing, though I tend to stray from the normal. I love to run with a small idea that someone has for a tattoo and turn it into something more. I also love to paint, although with painting I have a lot less time to spare for it, but I still manage to squeeze some time in for them.
Giveaway item: The winner gets to choose one of the following prints
[three headed woman]
To enter: Leave a comment below specifying which print you would like if you win! (please include your email address)
To get a second additional entry: Post a link to this giveaway either on your blog, Twitter OR Facebook (please leave a second comment with a link to the blog, tweet or status update along with your contact info again).
To get a third additional entry: Add Kristy's Facebook or Twitter. (please leave a third comment that you are following one of the two, or both!)
That's it! I will be drawing one winner at random next Monday, March 7th!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
[click image to make bigger!]
please take me here, venice italy :: i'm a lover of all things keys, i want this to be my apartment :: this lil guy :: dexter nails, i need you in my life :: probably the best mug i've ever seen :: scratchy tattoo done by ashley love :: what i would give for this bathtub :: and this mat :: self explanatory :: beautiful print of galaxy + girls :: mickey mouse waffles nom nom nom :: always been an enormous fan of audrey kawasaki :: my kitchen is lacking this mixer :: adorable heels :: this happy babe looks like my marty :: wonderful conversation heart prints from capow
side note: everything without a link I took myself or found via tumblr.
If they are your photos, please leave a comment, as I would love to give credit where it is due :)
Saturday, February 26, 2011
love the oven!
yellow tiled bathroom
as they say on cribs, "where the magic happens"
jon's bike sits along this window
above the computer
the courtyard + a beautiful southern california sunset
thanks for visiting our little family
Friday, February 25, 2011
I remember going here a few years ago with a large group of friends and loving it. We'd order lots of plates and share everything. It's good for that.
I love that they have an entire separate vegetarian menu.
We started with the Meatless Wontons, literally the breaded outside of wontons--greasy, but the sauce was tasty!
Sweet and Sour Pork Soy. The sauce was good, but the soy pork was very hard to chew.
Beef with Garlic Sauce Soy. Again, the sauce was awesome, I also liked all the vegetables, but the meat was tasteless and a weird texture.
The bathrooms were filthy and you could tell that this place was just...dirty. But like most hole in the wall chinese places, they might look grungy, but the food is delicious. I would considered going back only if I went with a large group again.
Location: 225 West Center Street Provo, Utah 84601
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I've been to Cafe on Park twice now and both times it was busy, but there was no wait. Loved the mason jars for glasses and their portions are pretty large in size. I even saw that they have Cap'n Crunch pancakes, whaaaat?! Must try another time.
The first time I went, I got a Grilled Cheese, Avocado & Tomato on sourdough for lunch. I never thought I'd say this, but it was a little too cheesy for my taste.
The last time I opted for the Mexican Hash: jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, potatoes and mozzarella. Minus black beans and tortilla, plus brown bread. It was delicious! What I didn't eat, I took home and ended up eating the rest an hour later anyway.
I suggest if you are on the way to Balboa Park or the Zoo, stop in for a bite to eat.
Location: 3831 Park Boulevard San Diego, California 92103
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
I'm really hoping that we miss the spring break crowd by going the last week in March, but it seems as though EVERY school has a completely different spring break, so we shall see?
Any suggestions, recommendations, tips or comments?
First and foremost, I have seen this back to the future project cycling through the internet lately and it is truly brilliant. Photographer Irina Werning recreates childhood photos and does an incredible job at doing so.
Miss Yvonne Nicole made some fabulous looking raspberry cheesecake cupcakes that I can't wait to try!
My mom sent me this Awareness Test video back in 2008 and I re-watched it the other night while going through old emails. Definitely funny, you should try it!
Just scrolling through the world's scariest bridges gives me anxiety. I don't do very well with heights, so crossing almost any of these would be a nightmare for me.
How many of you have tried phyllo (aka fillo) dough pizza? Here is a yummy recipe for Phyllo Pizza with feta, basil and tomatoes.
I won my very first giveaway! I cannot wait for this lovely necklace from blessed bee to come in the mail!
These shots from the Zombie Walk in Paris are quite impressive.
I'm sure you've all seen it before, but damn you auto correct is hilarious!
Jon and I have been wanting this pup (or one just like him) so badly for some time now. Can we have him already???
This vintage wedding is so beautiful! I love everything about it.
I will take any and all of these prints by Charmaine Olivia.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Other current favorites are: Dexter, Big Love, Californication, United States of Tara and Modern Family.
1. I have no middle name and I like it that way!
2. My pinkies are crooked, just a little gene I picked up from my great grandma.
3. I can't stand the sound of someone whistling.
4. I've lived in three different states: Utah, Nevada and California.
5. I have a horrible habit of biting my fingernails.
6. For nearly two years I worked for the United States Postal Service.
7. My favorite color of nail polish is dark purple.
8. I lived in Salt Lake City for 18 years and I've never once been snowboarding or skiing.
9. I have a strong dislike for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
10. I've gotten stitches twice and both times were on my face.
11. I have recurring nightmares that I am back in high school, probably because I graduated early and chose not to walk with my class.
12. I've been out of the country once, in 2006, to Holland and Paris.
13. One of my favorite jobs was working as a Florist!
14. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in over a decade and will never ever go back (Taco Bell too!).
15. I have a fear of birds. I also hate when they chirp outside my window at 6:30am on the dot EVERY morning.
16. My favorite food is an artichoke, duh!
17. I believe that the world is going to end soon, possibly even while I'm still here.
18. I am an atheist.
19. I stopped eating pork somewhere in my preteens because my uncle had a black piglet named Sylvester that I grew attached to. To this day I feel like eating pork would be like eating my dog.
20. One day I will own a piglet of my own!
21. I love love love spicy food.
22. I've never broken a bone, knock on wood.
23. My body is always very cold, it could be July and my hands will feel like ice cubes.
24. I have never been on a cruise, but I hope to go on one soon!
25. I drive a Volkswagen Golf, I love my car a lot.
26. I have a slight obsession with female singers.
27. My favorite airline is JetBlue.
28. I excelled in Math during school, I just love numbers!
29. I've never been to a haunted house because I have an immense and irrational fear of the chainsaw guy at the end. This displeases me because if it wasn't for him, I would go to every haunted house ever.
30. I dislike the taste of chocolate, it's true.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Click the photo or this link to be directed to the website.
Friday, February 18, 2011
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so for those of you like me, I would recommend their iced coffee. I believe (from lurking behind the counter) it is 1/2 coffee, 1/2 half and half and two scoops of sugar; sounds like a lot, but it's really just perfect.
Dunkin doesn't just have donuts, they also have bagels! I'm a bagel fanatic and since I don't eat a lot of sugary foods for breakfast, their plain bagel with cream cheese hits the spot.
Also, I need this shirt: