Monday, June 27, 2011

monday funday

One of the perks of having a job with no set schedule is you never really get the case of the Mondays! It's exciting having various days off and sometimes not having two days off in a row is fine by me, it's like having two mini workweeks in one!

Jon owed me breakfast so this morning we strolled over to The Mission to devour some delicious Papas Con Soyrizo.



Since we have zoo passes I felt like roaming around and finally (after years of waiting) got to see my very first Slow Loris! I saw this video a couple years ago and have since been on the prowl at every zoo I visit to find them. Every time we visit in San Diego it is the first area we hit and they are always hidden/asleep. Luckily the zoo keeper was feeding the little guy grapes and bananas when we got there, so so adorable! I wish I could have snapped a photo, but the glare on the glass was too bad. But look at this guy!



By 2pm it was blazing hot outside, so we grabbed my favorite--shaved ice! I'm all about Tigers Blood for those of you who don't personally know me, but this time I screwed up and got half blue raspberry, never again.



Now I'm off to start this book and hang out with this beaut, happy Monday!



7 comments:

  1. Can we talk about how much we love New Found Glory?! my lawd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. every damn day of my life!
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady, i don't know if you remember me but i have a new blog.

    looks like you had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still jealous of your zoo pass! I need to revisit the SD zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come before September 30 (when my pass expires) and we can go together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! Shaved Ice! Have you tried the Shaved Ice truck in LA? LEGIT! They put macadamian ice cream on the bottom! And if you ever have the chance...shaved snow is REALLY good too...almost better than shaved ice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, look at the arms on that dude! I've never seen a slow loris before!

    ReplyDelete