Wednesday, June 22, 2011

salt city/portland: part 3

After being the last person on the stand-by list to get on the flight home from PDX, by Monday night I was back to my Opa's safe and sound. Up to this point in my vacation I wasn't able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time, but I slept like a baby Monday night, so well it was worth blogging about. ;)




Tuesday: best frozen chai = Java Jo's


Had lunch with my friend Dallas and his two kitties, Frankie and Max.


Headed to the west side to spend the evening with my mama and little brother.


Violin practice.


Violin clip.


Gettin' crazy.


BBQ for dinner.


Kyle's pink flamingo for bath time.


Love Ricky Gervais.


Spitz has a run for its money.


Monday: Vertical Diner with Josh for breakfast.


Biscuits n gravy with potatoes, tofu scramble and cheez sauce.


We sat on a booth with a subwoofer under it, which you could adjust.


I will do all the morning Jumbles!


Another one bites the dust.


Crown Burger for lunch. Best garden burgers, I ate mine before I could snap a picture, oops!




G-ma's homemade chili for dinner, yum!

Still a little sad that I didn't get any photos with my mom, opa or g-ma. But at least I scored with a plethora of food!

4 comments:

  1. I love looking at all your pics, im from the UK but will be visiting the US for 3 months next year and it makes me VERY excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yay! What states will you be visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness, these posts have made me terribly homesick! i'm pretty sure that this past visit by my parents will be their last to nc. they are just getting too old to travel like that. but that means that we will have to visit slc instead, which makes me happy! my dad and i totally talked about all the great stuff he has found at NPS lately too, haha :)

    p.s. i love that your opa calls it "quad running"! so rad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, I love you. Let's move home and make lots of cute babies. 

    But really, I needed this trip home. I usually go and immediately feel and understand why I left that place, but this time I sincerely missed it and have no problem calling it my home again, later down the road. 

    Again, your dad and my Opa would be able to talk for hrs if you put them in the same room! Haha

    <3

    ReplyDelete